Friday, May 19, 2006

For Jeremy

My friend Jeremy at Jeremy-Gilby-Dot-Com lost his mother on May 17, Wednesday. Jeremy, you are in my prayers. I know what a tough time you are going through. You are absolutely right: 31 is too young to loose your mother. Your mother was WAY too young to go.

You ask the question "How does one grieve?" Answer: you follow your heart. You do what you feel you need to. If that means going off on your own, you do it. If that means later you need to be around people and talk about happy times, you do it. If it means after that you need to find someone close that understands and bawl your eyes out, you do it.

As long as we remember that we don't grieve like the rest of the world because we know the hope we have. Even Jesus wept over Lazarus knowing he was going to raise him up.

Oh, one other thing: don't you dare feel guilty about not being there! Your presence would not have changed the outcome. You were already blessed with the greatest gift...your last word to each other. The rest you will finish someday face to face...and she will be more beautiful and more healthy than you ever saw her here on this rock.

I guess the thing that gets me through times like this is the promise and the knowledge that He saw it coming and is there to help us through it: Isaiah 65:24 "And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."

Sleep well, brother, sleep well.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Beast, your words mean a lot to me.

Its been a strange week, especially after my arrival in Pennsylvania on Saturday. It helps that family is around and we can console on an equal level.

We're all reacting quite differently to this new situation in our collective lives, but we're able to help each other at the same time.

Right now we're in an emotional holding pattern, waiting for the Services to begin (Saturday and Thrusday following in Michigan) so things will probably stir up again, but in a more constructive way, I believe.

So I covet your prayers.

(And I'm sleeping quite well, thank you for that thought as well. I treasure my rest.)

12:37 PM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home