Friday, April 21, 2006

Beauty and the Beast

Meeting my wife was a ‘one in a million’ thing. If either one of us had been where we thought we should or would be or where we wanted to be at that point in life we would have never met.

She came to work at the Family Business just like anyone else looking for a job. The first time we met I poked my head in the door to say something to Brother, whom I was a little put out with at the time, therefore I wasn't my usual polite self. She was NOT impressed. We worked together one night shortly after and I was immediately attracted. "From the moment I saw her, she captured my heart with her beauty, her warmth, and her courage. I knew then, as I know now, she would change my life...forever."

There was just one thing: She had a husband and 2 children.

I thought ‘why is it that all the nice girls are already taken?' I knew the answer. What I didn’t know was their marriage was already severely strained and very shortly after we met he abandoned them and moved back to New Jersey. Over the next year or so we went from very good friends to very much in love. We got married and started our life together.

Mom wasn’t too thrilled because Beauty didn’t match the image of the Southern Baptist Baylor Girl that she had planned for me to marry. I had spent the better part of 3 years at school and seen first hand what ‘those’ girls were like **violent shudder**. I had also seen an example like that in Brother’s wife and I knew I didn’t want any parts of that. Aside from already having been married and having 2 children Mom wasn’t thrilled that Beauty was 3 ½ years older than me.

Bottom line, it was my life. I was going to have to live with my decision. I wasn’t going to live with Mom and although I loved her I didn’t really care if all she could look at was ‘outward appearances’ and all that worldly crap. I knew I had found a spiritual relationship with someone that I would never be able to find with anyone else and I didn’t really care what anyone thought.

My wife doesn’t like it when I call her Beauty or make a fuss over her but I have to say it. Now, years later, I mean it more than ever, I have never met a more beautiful soul than hers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home