Thursday, March 16, 2006

"South Park" Chef Loses Voice

I've haven't talked about this since it came out but I gotta' call it like I see it. I've enjoyed South Park off and on since it first came out. Do I like everything they've done? No. Have I gotten upset and written the network? No. Have I organized groups to boycot the show? No. I've just done what Russ suggests: turn off the TV when I don't like it. One of the things that I do like is they totally make fun of everyone and don't discriminate, like the article says.


My favorite part of this article is Matt Stone's comment about Isaac Hayes: "He has no problem--and he's cashed plenty of checks--with our show making fun of Christians...He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin"

This old thing that a minority can't be prejudiced or a bigot is for the birds. Hat's off to you, Matt, for telling it like it is!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

And it seems to be getting worse and worse the further away we get from Slavery and segregation.

Very odd. Odd that I used to be so oblivious to this.

1:13 AM, May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home