Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tuesday Afternoon...Forever?

I'm just beginning to see
Now I'm on my way
It doesn't matter to me
Chasing the clouds away

The weather here FINALLY started to turn again towards fall yesterday. We had a little taste the first of September but then we had 4 weeks of 95 degree days and 75 degree nights. It was muggy the whole time...thought we were in Houston. Walked out of work yesterday for the ride home and it was 'only' about 85 but with the drier air it felt glorious...kind of like Tucson! When I took a deep breath it actually felt like it was doing some good, like I was getting oxygen instead of suffocating.

Something calls to me
The trees are drawing me near
I've got to find out why
Those gentle voices I hear
Explain it all with a sigh

Yes, I hear voices (don't try to tell me you don't from time to time...I read all your Blogs...I know better) and on days like yesterday they tell me to go the opposite direction from work and obligation and keep going. Days like yesterday renew my hope. Today is a carbon copy of yesterday. I could get used to this.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this is one of the two best times of the year to live in the Southwest.

Though, I blame the jet stream for the early fall. We usually don't cool off until Thanksgiving.

That's what the voices in my head tell me, at least.

8:03 AM, October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home