Thursday, September 20, 2007

September 20, 2007

How shall I hold my soul, that it may not
be touching yours? How shall I lift it then
above you to where other things are waiting?
Ah, gladly would I lodge it, all-forgot,
with some lost thing the dark is isolating
on some remote and silent spot that, when
your depths vibrate, is not itself vibrating.
You and me - all that lights upon us, though,
brings us together like a fiddle-bow
drawing one voice from two strings it glides along
Across what instrument have we been spanned?
And what violinist holds us in His hand?
O sweetest song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
To my Beautiful Wife: Happy Anniversary. I love you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! September is such a great anniversary month.

5:03 PM, September 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home