Thursday, August 09, 2007

Folllow Up: Cartoons, Movies and TV Shows

I said the other day that we were going to check out The Simpson's and Transformers. We caught them last week as well as Bourne Ultimatum and Harry Potter.

Simpson's: complete and total fun. I haven't laughed like that in ages. I've not watched the TV show any kind of regular for several years now so it all seemed fresh and fun to me (I do catch Stewie and Cartman fairly regular, though). I hope they do another in the future. This is a good way to spend an afternoon.

Transformers: Totally blown away. This movie caught me off guard. I didn't know what to expect so I was ready for a decent movie with glitzy special effects. What I got was a movie with a pretty decent story and plot (especially considering it's based on a cartoon based on a toy) and special effects that were, honestly, as good as and as believable as anything I've ever seen. They've gotta' do more of these. Oh...by the way...I'm usually a Ford guy be SIGN ME UP FOR THAT CAMARO!

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: very good. The most serious and darkest of the movies. Not really meant for little bitty ones. Speaking of little bitty ones: those kids have grown up right in front of us and we didn't even know it.

The Bourne Ultimatum: I had not seen either of the first 2 of these. No particular reason, just never got around to it. My daughter kept telling me how friggin' awesome they were and the reviews for this one said it was the best so on Friday night last we sat down and watched Identity and Supremacy back to back. I was glad my first time was on DVD so I could review the fast parts and the hopelessly twisted plot. She was right...they were friggin' awesome. Saturday we caught the matinee for Ultimatum. I think I did it perfect...watch all three more or less back to back for the first time (like never having watched any of the Star Wars movies and sitting down and doing it all straight through). I understand that the movies differ quite a bit from the books (the characters and some of the basic plot points are the same but similarities end there) and having never read or heard any details of them I now have this pristine fresh experience. I DO recommend that anyone seeing Ultimatum at least review the first 2 before you go...you won't regret it.

Finished watching the the best season of one of the best TV shows ever. It was better than I remembered. Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton introduce some of the episodes. I'm going to give it a month or so and watch it again...very, VERY good stuff. Studios and networks don't have the courage to put stuff this good out now-a-days. Here's hoping they will release the third season soon and dreaming that they will follow through on the promises of the last 20 years and either revive it or do a movie...but only if it's true to the original.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home