Thursday, May 20, 2010

Beastmobile

Question was asked by Indi in the last post about the motorcycle. Here's the facts:


-1978 Honda CB750K
-Vetter SS fairing
-Came with Calafia black saddle bags and tail trunk (had to remove for new pipes...still have them if anyone's interested)
-@13,500 miles (as of May 2010)

Bought in December '06. Wife and a friend were keeping their horses on some land with a barn on the edge of town. He had been storing the bike there and had not ridden it for several years (had 7,500 miles on it then). At the time we had the one car so I told the friend to let me know if he ever wanted to sell it and, by golly, he took me up on it. Didn't take much checking to realize that $95 a year for insurance and 35+mpg in town beat a second car hands down...not to mention the fun factor.

Cleaned it up, had to replace the rusted out pipes, rebuild the carbs and recover the seat but otherwise it was in really good shape. Use it for in town running around. Don't want to put too many miles or too much wear and tear on it as there aren't too many like it left. Someday might like to get a newer one to use for my dream trip to Montana but for now this one fits the bill just right.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Indi said...

She is beautiful! With so much character, finess... a dream to ride by all accounts. For us today in England it is incredibly hot.. too hot for me to get all my leathers on and sweat my preverbials off riding my bike, so I opted for a dog walking session roughly 6 miles, I can now feel the days sun burning my skin. I have to say I love your bike very much, happy safe riding my friend.

Indi

xx

10:02 AM, May 22, 2010  
Blogger Beast1624 said...

Thanks! We are getting into summer too here in Texas. Supposed to be around 90 today. At least when it's cold out you can keep putting layers on...problem with the heat is you get to a point you can't take anymore off!

1:14 PM, May 22, 2010  
Blogger Indi said...

I went to high school in Texas about ** years ago. Westchester High school, is it still there? I ran varsity for the school, I loved athletics, that's what spurred me on to run marathons in my adulthood. Am off to Canada in 4 weeks time for 3 weeks it's going to be very hot me thinks.. oh well I got me a base coat today ;)

Indi

xx

4:07 PM, May 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home