Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"It's Not About The Bike"




Wow. I'm ready and I will be following with great interest. At 37 I know many will be counting him out because of 'age'. I say "bull$&*t". Don't tell Dara Tores or Constantina Tomescu-Dita that they can't compete because of age. This level of athletics has as much or more to do with what's in your heart as how many miles are on the chassis.

Also there's the cancer awareness thing too. In a recent interview with Vanity Fair Armstrong made an intriguing argument:

“If cancer got a whole new name tomorrow and a whole new set of fears associated
with it and it had the toll that it does, we would act...Look at all those other
things they act upon. Forget war and terror. Look at SARS. Remember the bird
flu? Remember all that stuff? AIDS, people freaked. Those were new, scary issues
that all of a sudden were going to come jump into your house and ruin your
life."
I watched cancer jump in my house and take my mother away before her time. I've watched other family & friends fight and fight...I've worn the yellow band for 4 years now to remind me minute to minute that it's still out there. I'm ready to renew the fight and see if we can't kill this disease once and for all. Who knows, maybe O'Biden or JonPalin will get involved too.

And, if he can piss the French off one more time along the way...that's just icing on the cake!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home