Friday, April 21, 2006

6 Things You Don't Know About Me

Got tagged by Allison. Here you go Allie---

1. Other than College I have never lived more than a 2 mile radius from the same house. In fact, we now live in the house I grew up in, which is a true gift from my parents considering there's no way in today's economy I could afford to buy a house like it. A testimony to their hard work and dedication to leave something for us.

2. Although I played football from 2nd through 14th grade and lived & died on everything Tom Landry's Cowboys did today I DETEST traditional team pro-college-school sports and haven't spent more than 10 minutes watching football, baseball, basketball, hockey, etc. in over 15 years. They've become too money motivated. Most of the athletes are WAY to impressed with themselves. Even High and Middle school is ruined by parents who push for success and ruin it for their kids. However, I am glued to the TV every year for 3 weeks in July for the Tour de France and most of the other Grand Tours and One Day Classics. The Tour de Georgia is going on as we speak. I know that the personality of some of these guys isn't any better than your average jock, it's just the thought of racing a bike 150+ miles in a day or 2200+ miles over 3 weeks is really awesome to me. Besides, this is one sport that I can participate in too. Not the racing but I have been known to do 75 + miles in a day myself. I am also an Olympics junky, summer and winter, although it's getting tougher there to be a big fan for reasons in #2.

3. I have a girlfriend. Her name is Ringo. She's half Husky and half Wolf. I only had her a short time...a friend and her daughter moved into a place that wouldn't let them keep her so we did for 2 years. During that time we became inseparable. She stole my heart. The friend remairried and they took Ringo back : ( but I still get to visit her : ) I'm a sucker for blue eyes.



4. I ride a motorcycle almost everywhere I go...well, whenever my wife will let me that is. Planning on riding from Dallas to Tucson to visit family some time this year. If my wife lets me.

5. I love to lift weights. About a year ago I was still able to bench 375 pounds.

6. Used to smoke 3 packs a day of Marlboro Reds. Tried for a long time to quit then, with tons of prayer and a wife who put up with my 'bitchiness' for 2 months a miracle happened and I kicked it.

Don't really have anyone else I can tag so like Jeremy the MEME stops here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE: #4 Plan your ride around November or February :: best time of the year to visit Tucson.

Memes are like Chain letters...

10:09 PM, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing, a co-worker friend quit smoking 9 weeks ago, his doctor says that his lungs are going to "Clear out" soon. What does that mean? What can he expect?

10:19 PM, April 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home