Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

I lost my dearest friend, Bill Gilmore, last week.



He slipped on the ice after the ice storm we had and never recovered. Met Bill about 4 years ago when I went to the local slot car track after deciding to get back into the hobby. He immediately took me, my grandson Tyler and my son in law under his wing. He invited me to his house for the first of many work sessions to show me how to build competitive cars. He has shared knowledge, parts and tools as well as some rather profound wisdom. Most important of all he shared his love. We have been best of friends...like brothers. He adopted us and made us his own.

Here's Bill and my GS Tyler at one of the group races we had at his house earlier this year


We have spent many hours either at his place or mine, building cars or just talking. We solved all the world's problems many times over while sharing tools and a good drink.

Losing a loved one this close to the holidays is no fun and the last week or so has been tough on all of us in Bill's family but I decided today that I was not giving in to sadness and grief. I know where Bill is and that we will see each other again someday. We talked about eternal life and salvation too much for me to think any different. I won't ever forget Bill and his open heart.

Here's a picture of us at a race in the Beast's Cave a couple of years ago.


God speed, Bill. Keep the track warmed up and the cars tuned. I'll see you in a little while.

Merry Christmas to all my friends and family.

1 Comments:

Blogger goflight001 said...

Hope all is well

9:48 PM, March 18, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home